Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Interviewing visitor number 2000: Lovingclaydolls

Hi Lovingclaydolls! How does it feel to be our visitor number 2000? What a nice surprise!

Tell a little about yourself: who you are, where do you come from and what do you do? I am married with five children and five cats. I'm a doll sculptor and more recently a needle felter. It's a blessing to be able to express my creativity in both mediums. I'm a big fan of Etsy and have a shop there.

Do you have any other hobbies than miniatures?
Facebook, if that can be considered a hobby,lol. I also like history and antiques.

When and how did you start doing miniatures? By accident really ~ When I started sculpting OOAK dolls, making them super tiny was what just came naturally to me. It turned out they were a good size for dollhouses and miniaturist started buying them. After I realized that, I was more intentional about making things 1/12 scale....Although my work is probably still not true 1/12 scale. I just sort of go by what looks right to me. And I bought a very large antique dollhouse collection a couple years ago. Now I have two entire dressers full of doll furniture and no room for my clothes!hehe

What is the best thing in miniature hobby and what is inspiring you? The people of course! I love meeting new people who share a similar interest. And I am amazed by all of things miniature artists can make. The tiny food for example...stunningly realistic!!!!

What is your latest/next mini project? I thought it would be fun to try make some of the foods unique to my area (PA Dutch Country) by needle felting them in miniature. So far I have made a Shoo-fly pie (it's delicious and has nothing to do with flies,lol) and a Whoopie pie. They are in my Etsy shop if you want to see my attempt! : )

How did you find Mini treasures wiki and what is your favorite page in the wiki? Through Flickr, oh yeah... that's another one of my hobbies! (see lovinclaydolls in Flickr) I love seeing everyone's creations! The log cabin on the 1:144 scale page of the wiki is really nice!

-What would you like to see in the wiki in the future? I guess I would just like to see that people are using and enjoying it.

Thanks for the interview and hope you have fun time in our wiki! Thank you! This was fun!! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. To avoid the spam the blog comments are reviewed before approval.