Saturday, March 27, 2010

100th Facebook fan - Doreen

This week we got the 100th fan to our Facebook page - now we have 104 :). To celebrate the occasion I interviewed Doreen - here we go.


Hi Doreen - How does it feel to be the 100th Facebook fan of Mini treasures wiki? It feels great to be number 100 as it feels like I am part of a milestone. I am sure this number is going to grow.

Tell a little about yourself: who you are, where do you come from and what do you do? I am retired and live in a small resort town just south of Georgian Bay in Ontario, Canada. I originally came from Toronto, Ontario but we do not like city living and prefer much quieter living.

Do you have any hobbies other than miniatures? The only other hobbies I have other than miniatures is reading and observing nature. We live on the river and love to watch the wildlife.

When and how did you start doing miniatures? I started miniatures about five years ago when my husband bought me my very first dollhouse for Christmas. Since I am retired, I can no longer afford to buy furniture and all the little things for the house so I have learned how to make them myself. I especially love Trash to Treasure projects as it gives me great satisfaction to make something from nothing. I also like to use dolls to create scenes with and to give life to the rooms.

What is your latest / next mini-project? I just finished my dollhouse today. It has taken me a long time because I do each room separtely like a roombox and I like to add a lot of detail to each room. I also change the house according to the season. I have done some projects inbetween like a burger stand and an ice-cream parlour.

How did you find Mini Treasures wiki and what is your favorite page in the wiki? What would you like to see in the wiki in the future? I do not know what I would like to see in the wiki in the future because I am still exploring it in the present.

Johanna found me and asked me to join. I was very pleased as I am an amateur and I need all the help I can get to create the miniatures that I love. So of course my favorite page is the DIY!

Thanks for the interview and congrats for your dollhouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. To avoid the spam the blog comments are reviewed before approval.