Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mini treasures @ Facebook

Improving a website is about learning from your mistakes. The more mistakes you correct the better the site will be.

5 days ago I made one of the right decisions - I chose two new moderators to our Facebook page to make it more active. Debbie Wright is one of the most active Facebookers I know and as she has been actively pushing miniaturists to network with me I thought she would do wonderful job at Facebook too. My other co-moderator is Linda, the most active person in Mini treasures wiki (we are SO FORTUNATE that she found us). I am very pleased to have these ladies on board helping me :). And just look what they did for the amount of Facebook fans (officially people who "like" MTW) - look at the peak! Amazing!

Speaking of Facebook I am not very active in networking with people there. I am accepting there only people I have met in real life or who I have learnt to know in Internet. Lately I have got a lot of friend invites and it makes me sad not to accept them but I try to keep up with my policy. The amounts of contacts in other services (Flickr, LinkedIn, Twitter) are much bigger, network with me in them if you want.

But now I would be interested to hear your personal Facebook policy :).

Ps. BTW we have a short url for our page: http://www.facebook.com/minitreasures

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, I too had to decline a lot of "friends" on facebook and the reason for this is that my own family and personal friends were lost in the many many posts from all these people whom I do not know. So I also try to keep my facebook friends to only those I know in real life or in my blogging/miniature life. I don't accept friends of friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Doreen! It feels bad to ignore these people but they understand...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. To avoid the spam the blog comments are reviewed before approval.